Monday, September 21, 2015

CSAW 2015: Crypto 100: Notesy

The most difficult part about this problem is trying to identify what was actually wanted. Initially there was no instructions on the question, and only the words "Give me like a note dude" on the website. After having a slight internal debate about giving some random dude my notes, I started writing a little bit. After writing a couple words I went back to my trusty technique of throwing "a"s at it. It was super effective!

From this I established that this must be a substitution cipher, and therefore realized that I must need some sort of key to return from it, after all it was a crypto problem. At this point I was inspired to write out all of the letters in the alphabet in order, and copy the response. That was it.


flag{UNHMAQWZIDYPRCJKBGVSLOETXF}

-bobson

No comments:

Post a Comment